Thursday, October 27, 2005

The meaning of No

No...........Or...............NO................Or even.............no

No means No, or at least it used to. Then someone said "don't take no for an answer" and the word became flexible. No was no longer the fortress of denial, but became diluted by our need to overcome the absoluteness of denial. No became the metaphorical Everest of obstacles in our lives and much of who you are can be interpreted in how you respond to No.

I have always had issues with No, not because there is a lack of respect for the word, but rather for the person from whose mouth the word comes. The people who use the word most often, tend to live the word. They are the No people from the Land of No. They are experts in negativity, always finding ways to extrapolate and extend the strength of No. "No you cannot do that", "No, you cannot say that", "There is no way on earth I will let you do that".

I am just getting to the point in my life, where I feel emboldened enough to overcome the No's, you see what the No's don't understand is that the more they say No, the more strength I get. It's almost a type of psychological food and without the No's, there would be nowhere to place my energy of "Yes".
So, you see, I really need the No's, in an almost narcissistic sense. Without the No's there would be no Everest, No Moon to land on and no computer to type this into.
Just say No, come on.................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home